Here's the original flower:
Changing the color: The first thing I did was to get some walnut stain and drip, not spray it on the flower. I love walnut stain! I used alchohol ink to stain the blue flower bling in the center as it was way to bright. I also used wine colored paint to color the burlap a little.
Changing the shape: I wanted it to not lay quite so flat so I used some liquid matte medium to paint on the pedals and then shapped them the way I wanted. I used my heat gun to set the shape. You could probably use watered down matte Mod Podge too.
Making leaves: I also added some brown leaves I cut out of card stock using a sizzix die. I first covered the card stock with used dryer sheets and spayed some color on it with my homemade sprays.
*I will do a post on making flowers and leaves with used dryer sheets soon. I have been doing this for a long time and love it! Good way to recycle too.
Here's the altered flower:
2. flowers - I am getting ready to make some flowers from old clothes, tshirts, sweathsirts, jeans and pants. Should be fun.
3. used dryer sheet flowers and leaves
Don't forget to "Like" me on facebook and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter.